- Professionally translating Japanese to English
for 15 years.
- Six years as
in-house translator for translation/multilingual DTP company in Tokyo,
and nearly ten years living and working in Japan.
- Translated and edited over 20,000 pages of software and hardware documentation, user guides, technical specifications, and business documentation.
- Lead translator
for several localization projects of Bluetooth software
- Translated up to 15,000 target words
a week and constantly delivered product on
- Native-level Japanese
certificate of Japanese Language Proficiency.
- Constant eye for
detail, very strong
organizational and time management skills, and solid information
- Expert user of Windows 7 (Japanese and English), SDL TRADOS,
Excel, PowerPoint, Acrobat Pro, and Photoshop
understanding of HTML and XML
- B.A., Japanese Language and Literature (Translation Specialization),
University of Washington
- B.A., Japan
Studies, University of Washington
Japanese language and international business courses at Aoyama Gakuin
- American Translators
Association (ATA), Active Member
Language Division of ATA
Translators and Interpreters Society (NOTIS)
- ProZ.com Certified PRO